Sunday, November 7, 2010

Third Target : Dirty Harry and the Half-Blood Mongrels

 Politics is the one category that I hate to be involved with. As the saying goes that "Politics is Dirty", it is just the same with those people who engage in it. During high school, students were already exposed in this kind of system. They have the student body organization or the (lucky me) Supreme (noodles) Student Council as the sole representative of every student voice. The process is somewhat patterned with our government political system. Free & democratic countries have the right to vote & elect any eligible candidate for the government position they are dreaming of, even if all they do is lying and making untruthful promises to the Masses. After they get elected, they'll just steal our taxes and have an all-paid travel expenses on every part of the world, including their families and pets.
So I made up my mind to participate on this year's candidacy for the position befitted for a soon-to-be king like me. I have started the campaign against my rival for presidency, whom I would like to refer to as "Dirty Harry & His Hounds". He was the son of our long-term District Governor "Filthy Henry" in which he was in the seat of power long before I was born. His half blood mongrels are always alert to any threat on their master’s life. Like a half breed savage canine, they howl, causing fear on every student to forcefully vote that idiot Harry. But I did not lose heart. If he has "kennel of street mongrels" I have my own "swarm of honey bees" (all thanks to my good friend "major" & her squad) dressed in mini-skirt, giving away pamphlets, banners and my cute pictures. Any guy would willingly fall in line just to have a handshake, smell the aroma of my honeybees even kissing them if they surely sign in support of my candidacy.
The night before the day of voting, we had a public debate. I have confirmed that, like a barking dog, Harry just snarled with drools & exposed his tongue like Michael Jordan used to do while slamming the ball in the hoop. When it was my turn, I rose from my seat like a king, stood up like a prince and spoke as a noble man with compassionate heart and teary eyed while addressing my concern in our school. I have shared my dreams & visions of progress, I have laid to them my rules that Students will have the utmost freewill to do whatever they desire in campus that together hand in hand we can make a difference as my slogan states: "BEE-lieve in BEE ! and "BEE is the answer". That night is the very first night I've opened my hearts to the commoners.
Morning came and the voting commenced. I was excited to know the results and be proclaimed as "President Bee" so I went to the school as early as I can. As soon as I entered the campus gates, fireworks display and confetti has already been launched and banners bearing “congratulations” are everywhere. Then I heard our principal’s voice proclaiming Dirty Harry's name as the winner. I ran towards the stage, grabbed the microphone and contested the voting procedures. I have learned that Harry got 99% of the votes while I gained only ONE vote (probably that one came from me). I knew that Harry cheated but he just smiled and told me that I have to accept the fact that I've lost. Compared to his all night snarling, my speech was perfect, too perfect to be put in reality and the masses agreed that it is too superficial. Others claimed it was the idea of a nuts and an idiot like me. I looked around & saw my "honey-bees" were taken one by one by Harry's wild mongrels even they turned away from my side and left me. I left the event hating everyone for being stupid and not sharing my dreams of change. Surely, politics is dirty but even worse than that, are the citizens who are too naive and too stubborn to act for even a bit of change & hope for a better future.



2 comments: