Friday, October 29, 2010

The Curious Case of Benjamin "Bee" Button

My mother used to read classic literatures. She told us several stories from classic author icons which she loves to retold over & over again especially during the unholy hours of the night. Well typical moms would tell stories of fairies, damsel in distress, prince charmings and bitches! oh, i mean witches.I wonder why would children nowadays would rather stuck their butt on computer online games than to sit next  to their grandparents and listen to the ancient love stories of their own adaptation. Now, one of the story she had relayed to us was all about this unfortunate guy who at the time of his birth looks old with wrinkles all over his skin (for morons like me its called Septuagenarian Infants) and died with flawless skin yet innocent as a child. Then before my mom end the story i asked her in the most sarcastic questions i knew back then: "hey mom, what's that got to do with us?" "oh dear" she replied " Haven't you realized it yet? that's where i got your name Bee." for a moment I think i left my jaw opened "Thanks mom, that totally sucks" then turn around and went in bed sulking.

In another conversation with her, which she usually avoids to answer was all about my good-for-nothing biological father. Well as you might know if I am the "Unfortunate Son" then i guess we all have the right to know who the real Son of the B*&^$ who brought me up into this mess. So here I am cleaning her room and off to her closest, drawers and cabinets. While doing that i've read several love letters from a certain guy named Brunelleschi. I asked her about him and she answered back with a slap on my face & a full-round kick in the ass.Stubborn as I am, i went to investigate and to see if this guy is trully my father. First I "Googled" (what a term) the name & found out that Brunelleschi guy is a famous renaissance geek. "oh so my father is an Italian Citizen... nice.!" I also asked several relatives, friends & neighbors from which my mother shared most of her days before she conceived me in her belly. A friend of my mother's friend told me that during those days she was always with that handsome man who always stay late at night for bar hopping and parties everywhere until one day, that man vanished without a trace and by that time my mom start to have pregnancy symptoms. " So that Guy really is such a piece of S^%$.
In another of my mom's treasured letters there was a farewell note to take care of the child she was bearing and asked her if she would named me to one of his favorite characters in her books. (If my mom's  favorite book were "Tarzan King of the Apes", "Mr Jekyll & Mr Hyde" or worst "Frankenstein" I wonder what kind of a funny  name do i have today?) the farewell letter might be from my father, but it was written by a man named Bruno. I laughed at that name, Bruno seems like the typical construction workers with well built muscle arms, shirtless guys, beard all over their faces, and awful smell of armpits long overdue of perspiration.Lucky for me that Bonehead Bruno guy left his address if ever my mom needs his comfort. So i get my keys and off to my bicycles to confront him.

At the front of his house to where i stand, i noticed that there's nobody home, i also asked the neighbors around if there was a man named Bruno who lived at that house. They all confirmed that it was Bruno's whereabouts but he often goes home and barely stayed their at night.So i waited until nightfall to find out who really is he. it was 3:00 am when i heard footsteps slowly approaching the porch of the house. I couldn't see clearly, well of course i hid myself first. I was about to approach that guy when a woman came to her first.
I was stunned. it was my mom waving at him."Brunelleschi its been a long time!" that was what i heared from her. What made my life collapsed was when i looked into that guy & wonder if Bruno & Brunelleschi are one. the man  after seeing my mom jumped with excitement and made a passionate kiss on CHEEKS! then made a gestures that any normal guy would be ashamed to do in public.

I leave the two of them for their chats. So much for the investigative parts, now i know the truth and it hurts me down to my masculine core. I've met my biological father but it's different from what i imagined. I wished I'd never cleaned my mother's room that day. Now i understand why she avoids those discussions. The father i once asked of her is certainly not the father i want her to give me.Perhaps in time i can accept it, who knows, I was just their mistake; when they were drunk and banged each other though they both knew that they both have women's heart inside. I may not have a father but atleast i knew i have two mothers. One is Biological and the other one is Botanical (dont have any words to compare to "it") Surely this is the most curious case i ever handled. I swear i wont play any detective games anymore.

2 comments:

  1. hey hey! I am in so far enjoying this blog. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks nerisse, sorry for some typo errors and grammatical errors. enjoy reading :-)

    ReplyDelete