Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Origami

Out of boredom at the office, i took a piece of paper and folded it into an airplane. The one that i used to do when i was still innocent of all this crappy things I've had. Then i started humming like the fighter plane engine and lift my creation in the air. I started to beat the altitude high and dive low as fast as my arms. It's as if I'm on the mission to exterminate the evil by dropping the bomb right in their core. I imagine how valiant this lone fighter, who have put his life down for the sake of freedom and peace.

I have made the assault swiftly and i was about to declared my mission "accomplished" when suddenly a "hit seeking missile come out of nowhere. My fuel is low, my eyes faltered and a couple of bullets are still in my ammo. I Lift my eyes to the clear blue sky, the sunshine gives me warmth, then i smile as i said "its a good day to die". I've made my vessel turn around and face the death, I'm not afraid anymore, my life will be remembered I shall live !. Then an enormous explosion happened as the stars witnessed the birth of a new hero.

That's how my childish story end. Well i think i over did it I just missed those days where all im thinking are the bunch of toys and gadgets that would make my mind busy at imagining stories of heroic deeds, of love and passion and of funny moments that would tickle my spine.

Maybe someday I could go back to those point of my life. Perhaps when  my son (if ever i got one...or two) grows old enough to share his dreams with me, then we could play along and create a world for both of us.

In real life, I was different from the protagonist I have made. I'm still afraid of many things, I'm a coward who run away before the battle begins and i choose to lurk in the dark and look at the clear light from above.

I know the day will come when i would boldy step into the light and see the bright future ahead of me. Then I guess folding papers into a plane or a boat or even a house will no longer matter to me. For if that day comes, This two hands that i'm raising up will build a city that my childhood stories are dreaming of.

P.S.

Just as i have finished my "childish playing" I've heard the news from Mr. USA that a certain terrorist was declared dead eight days ago through air strike on their camp.
coincidence? nah, i think not.

                                                        a horse and his boy

                                                                       fly... fly...fly



                                            row, row, row your boat...
                                              I really miss this moment  : (

No comments:

Post a Comment