Sunday, March 6, 2011

fireworks

Tonight i am watching another series of fireworks display. It has been four consecutive weeks that those noisy shows are bothering my peaceful and melancholic work.Every time it begun people from my office dropped their things look at the window or find some perfect view for them to bear witness the flickering lights above the sky.
As i watched my childish friends shouting and laughing on the stupidity of fireworks display, I have been thinking what are the good things they gave to everyone of us. I mean its just a waste of time stopping from your usual routines just to look up in the sky. or even waste of money for buying expensive explosives that would blow away even your treasured riches. Then after the laughter and cheering fades away they got back to their usual self as if nothing really happened, so what's the point of doing those idiotic activities if after  the show no one bothers to remember what you did.

Well for superstition and religious belief , they say  it drives away negative  vibes for the rest of the year for you to be lucky. (not applicaple to me )
I also really cant comprehend why couples and sweethearts seated on grass mosses hugging and kissing while the non stop event take place. are they hoping that their self proclaimed love for each other would last forever? To me their feelings will end faster than this moment of firecracker's final show.
Families tried to have some picnic settings while watching the show, eating sandwiches and drinking beer are the usual menu for this, little children even make a wish when the have seen the explosion of colorful lights in the air. 

After seeing those little imps close their eyes and make a wish for themselves i suddenly remember something from my past to where i was just like that child who believes in a "brighter" future and wishing all my desires would come true. I remember the time when i used to be excited to see the fireworks on new years eve and i would jump as high as i could shouting giggling and wishing that this year would go in my favor.Back from the days when those fireworks that light up the sky, even after for a while we have witness a glimpse of hope, a chance of  faith and looking towards the future with determination on whatever it brings to us , we can still rise up anew.

 Well i guess there's no harm in joining those bird brains who are enjoying these event. How I wish I could see my dear enemies, my rivals, my boss, my noisy neighbors and those who look down on me all tied up each on every firecrackers. As one by one they will all fly into the heavens upon ignition and in a matter of seconds their inmost being will blend on the sparkling and colorful lights that fireworks would give us. That ladies and gentlemen  is what i called satisfaction.

Now I am enjoying the show, with each and every fire ammunition that light up the sky would commemorate every person i detest.
It really put a big smile, cheers and around of applause from me.

                                                                 my noisy neighbors
                                                and they all vanished without a trace
                                                There goes my boss in his true color
whoa ! im loving it !

No comments:

Post a Comment